Sunday, February 15, 2015

SHOJOSKIP - COSODOROKITSUNE

Skip a Beat Babty
Righ Ex

Ryan: Just out of the blue, the wind's blowing an icy breeze, alone in the morning. The mood's right, the sun was just right, right amount of shade, silence... well stop that, Shojoskip. You're distracted, and you look at your bare feet like, 'Hey, where are my shoes?' It's just right...your feet are bare because you're inside this room playing these tunes. They're like floaters in your eyes. You felt dizzy in that moment, reached for a cup of coffee, and don't need to understand the words again. Just the voice.

Well, I should get to that in the future. It's all about love anyway...or the shoes and tschinelas. Then as you listen, you'd get to say and do that thing with searching again, and you'd just think "Hey. I wish I was there too."

Must be mutual anyhow, how musicians get to feel inspired. They must be doing the same things you do...digging through music all over the globe just like we do on this blog. And every now and then you'd stop and say "I'm alone, you're alone..."

Everybody's together alone. 

Jake: Admittedly, I haven't heard much Japanese shoegaze (besides Hartfield and Luminous Orange), but this album resonates quite well.  I like how the album is produced in such a way that you can register even the slightest instrumental nuances. There is a notable influence of My Bloody Valentine, except you feel relaxed, rather than overwhelmed in a cluttered mass of noise. This may be due to Shojoskip's more conventional mixing approach, which comes off as easy on the ears. Very consistent feel throughout, without reliance on the typical "shoegaze pedal regime". These components thus leave some nice "breathing room", and perhaps serve as guidelines for my own production forays as well.. Provided this is the sound I gun for time after time, I'm grateful to cite this album as a reference. It has a very bittersweet, yet sunny vibe, and I seem to enjoy it progressively with each listen.

Standout tracks include "Reciting Dawn After the Bonfire", "Glory of the Snow", "Mitsubachi", "Newspaper", and "Makura". Instead of Shojoskipping, it's better to listen fully and actively. Bad pun aside, take my word into consideration (if you'd like).




No comments:

Post a Comment